On behalf of the Office of Residence Life, welcome to King's College!  Living on campus is a great way to assimilate into your new school, and become involved in the community around you. Please make sure that you have made initial contact with our International Recruitment Office. If you have not yet done so, please visit their webpage here.

Housing Information

We offer a number of housing options for our students. The options are further explained in our Guide to College Housing. The standard housing contract is for 10 months (mid-August to mid-May). Arrangements can be made for June and July at additional cost. Please contact the Office of Residence Life at reslife@promonte.net for current cost for student housing and meal plans.

We know that for many of our students, college may be the first time a student is moving away from home. To help make your transition to your new home a little bit easier, we have compiled a list of items that our students find necessary and useful to have when they're living on campus. Some items can be brought from home, while others can be purchased once you arrive in Wilkes-Barre. This list can be downloaded here: International Student Pack List. If you have any questions if specific items are permissible on campus, please don't hesitate to contact us to ask!

King's College adheres to Fair Housing Practices guaranteed by the Pennsylvania Human Rights Act.

Dining Services/Meal Plan Information

King’s Dining Services offers a variety of meal plan options. Students who plan to live in Holy Cross, Esseff or Luksic Halls should be aware that they are required to choose from the 250, 225 or 200 block plans, as the rooms in those buildings do not have private kitchens. Students living in apartments on or off campus are not required to have a meal plan, but may choose to do so, if they desire. Meals can be used at any dining location, except Chick-fil-A. Flex dollars may be used at any dining location, including Chick-fil-A. Please look at the Meal Plan Selection Guide for additional information.   Please contact the Office of Residence Life at reslife@promonte.net for current cost for student housing and meal plans.

Temporary Housing Accomodations

If you are planning to live off-campus, but will need a temporary place to stay while your new home becomes available, King’s College offers temporary housing for international students new to King's on a limited basis at a small cost of $35.00 per night. Additional information is listed in the Temporary International Housing Agreement. All temporary housing arrangements must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the student’s arrival. Students who do not provide advance notice will need to make alternate arrangements. A list of local hotels is also attached to this email. The Office of Residence Life is closed on weekends and national holidays—Memorial Day (May 30) and July 4th. The office is open Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-4:00pm and 8:30a-2:00p on Friday during the summer.

Health Center Information

All resident international students are required to electronically submit a health history, immunization data (including a meningitis vaccine or waiver), health insurance verification, and a physical examination performed within one year of starting school at King’s College. Students are also required to take a tuberculosis test during International Orientation. Students must log on to the student health portal here to fulfill these requirements once assigned a King’s user name and password. If you do not receive your letter by the first week of June, please call the health center at 570-208-5852 (if calling from outside the United States, the country code is 001).

Property Insurance Information

As the housing contract notes, the College is not responsible for damage or loss of property due to vandalism, theft, fire, or other causes. Resident students are strongly encouraged to carry their own insurance protection against loss of, or damage to personal property. The Office of Residence Life recommends checking with you insurance carrier to determine if belongings are covered under any currently held insurance policies. If not, companies such as National Student Services, Inc. offer insurance coverage for college students.

Related College Offices

The Office of Residence Life works closely with many departments on campus, in order to ensure that our students are successful and thriving while at King's. Please see the list of offices below. Their contact information is provided. Please know that this is not a full list of all departments on campus, but a short list of those we think would be most useful to you.


Director of Achievement Plus and International Student Services
Mrs. Kelly Lettieri
Office: 1st floor, 107 North Franklin Street
Phone:  (570) 208-5897
Email: kellylettieri@promonte.net

Academic Advisement
Mr. John Kratz, Director
Office: 1st floor, Mulligan
Phone: (570) 208-5872
Academic Advisement webpage

Academic Skills Center/Tutoring
Mrs. Sheri Yech, Director
Office: 1st floor, Mulligan
Phone: (570) 208-5841
Academic Skills Center webpage

Business Office
Office: 1st floor, Administration Building
Phone: (570) 208-5830
Business Office webpage

Campus Activities, New Student Orientation and Commuter Life
Mr. Sean Cryan, Director
Office: Campus Activities Suite, 1st floor Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center
Phone: (570) 208-5802
Orientation webpage

Multicultural and International Student Programs
Mrs. Jasmine Giddings, Director
Office: Campus Activities Suite, 1st floor Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center
Phone: (570) 208-5898
MISP webpage

Student Affairs
Mrs. Megan Casey, Associate Vice-President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Office: John Lane, C.S.C. House
Phone: 570-208-5875
Email: studentaffairs@promonte.net
Student Affairs webpage

Student Health Center
Mrs. JoAnn Kosik, Director
Office: Andre House
Phone: 570-208-5852
Health Center webpage

Academic Success
Ms. Rochelle Plummer, Associate Vice-President
Office: 3rd floor, Administration Building
Phone: 570-208-5895
Student Success webpage